This is your hospital.
The revolutionary New Stanford Hospital will be opening in Fall 2019. Poised to be one of health care’s best equipped and most innovative facilities, the New Stanford Hospital will combine superb clinical care, world class research, and Stanford University’s groundbreaking education programs. This beautiful new environment is designed to support your best work and your patients’ healing.
Highlights of your hospital:
- 2X bigger Trauma Center and ER (76 bays)
- 368 added beds; refurbishment to all 248 current rooms
- 20 state-of-the-art operating rooms, 8 interventional/radiology rooms, 3 MRIs, 3 CTs, and 1 interventional MRI
- New parking decks with 900 additional spaces (most of them covered)
- 5 beautiful gardens and numerous walking trails
- On-site meditation room and natural light throughout
What it means to You:
- Work in modern, uplifting spaces with cutting-edge design
- Customized operating rooms for collaborative sharing
- Patient rooms crafted for max efficiency
- Beautiful indoor and outdoor spaces to rest and refuel
- Healthy farm-fresh food options
- Nearby amenities to support your work-life balance
At Stanford Health Care, our collaborative team brings award-winning care and innovation to patients the world over. Learn more about our achievements, and the many possibilities to make your own impact at the forefront of medicine.
“When I walk away at the end of the day I like to say that I gave this hospital the very best that I could give them.”
– Curtis D., Food ServiceView video »
“The new construction will allow us to transform patient care while elevating work-life balance for our nursing and medical staffs.”
– Dale B., Chief Nursing Officer
“My job is not just a job. It’s actually a life-giving adventure.”
– Mary C., Registered NurseView video »
“When you’re encouraged in a workplace, it makes you want to perform better, go above and beyond.”
– David B., Patient Access RepresentativeView video »
quick job search
A Model of Sustainability
From environmental design and early construction phases to day-to-day resource management,
the conservation practices of the New Stanford Hospital have been considered every step of the way.
- We’ll use 35% less energy than average hospitals.
- Green and recycled items will be used throughout.
- Drought-resistant garden plants use 30% less water.
- A/C waste water is reclaimed for the Green Roof.
- Patient room light can be single-location controlled.
- We are fully LED-technology compatible.
Light and Air
- Motorized blinds let patients control natural light.
- Air distribution self-adjusts to each patient’s room.
Frequently Asked Questions
A: The New Stanford Hospital is scheduled to open in Fall 2019.
A: The address is 500 Pasteur Drive, Palo Alto. It is located right adjacent to our current hospital.
A: We have started to hire certain positions for the new hospital now. The hiring process is ongoing and we will continue to hire for positions for the new hospital even beyond its opening date.
A: We are hiring for many different positions, both clinical and non-clinical. Some examples include Clinical Nurses, Advanced Practice Providers, Patient Care Managers, Operating Room Assistants, CT Technologists, Pharmacy Techs, Support Services Assistants, Patient Access Reps, Business Systems Analysts, Field Services Techs, Food Service Workers, Housekeeping Assistants, Transporters, etc., etc.
A: You can apply to all of our open positions by visiting our careers website, www.stanfordhealthcarecareers.com.
A: Yes, Stanford Health Care employees can refer their friends to work here through our Employee Referral Program, www.stanfordreferrals.com.
A: Yes, the current hospital will remain open.