The Senior MDM Systems Engineer/Lead Systems Engineer is responsible for the configuration, management, and ongoing support of end user Mobile Devices and Mac workstations. This position supports SHC in this capacity as it relates to system policy/configuration, image management, application packaging, application distribution, security/performance patching, AV/Encryption, as well as the supporting backend management infrastructures/technologies used (AirWatch-Workspace ONE/JAMF/Intune).
Employee must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the C-I-CARE Standards of the Hospital. C-I-CARE is the foundation of Stanford's patient-experience and represents a framework for patient-centered interactions.
· Respond to resolve incidents related to mobile devices and Mac systems in the SHC environment, serving as a source of engineering support for mobile device and Mac configuration, applications, security.
· Assist with the thorough documentation, maintenance, and continuous improvement of standardized processes around mobile devices and Mac management.
· Provide functional expertise on projects and assist with requirement gathering, identification of emerging technologies, and business case development.
· Assist with the development of a set of core images/profiles, including operating systems and application configuration settings, ensuring interoperability among the applications and images/profiles.
· Evaluate, test, and deploy patches and upgrades and establish processes to ensure proper patch level compliance across the desktop environment.
· Support backend management infrastructure, AirWatch-Workplace ONE/JAMF/Intune, including Apple DEP and Apple VPP, Microsoft Server.
Other Duties Include:
Oversee and assist with definition and maintenance of corporate PC images, automated delivery of software distribution packages, and field and remote support of end user and network devices.
Lead and motivate staff within desktop support areas for which they are responsible.
Facilitate interaction among network, security, systems administration, and applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct complex and recurring problems across the SHC desktop environment.
Oversee the optimization of MS Office and related application solutions, ensuring interoperability among applications comprising the SHC desktop environment.
Ensure thorough documentation, maintenance, and continuous improvement of standardized processes around desktop and end user system management.
Ensure proper systems integration testing and analysis is performed to ensure operating systems and applications are compatible with established technical standards and policies.
Evaluate and recommend new hardware and software solutions, including laptops, desktops, operating systems, network printers, desktop software, systems management tools, etc.
Evaluate alternatives for deploying, patching, and supporting applications.
Provide functional expertise on projects and assist with requirement gathering, identification of emerging technologies, and business case development.
Provides guidance and instructions to first and second level support on the management of known production system problems and serves as a level 3 source of technical diagnosis and support as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Stanford Health Care (SHC) strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its policies and practices, including the area of employment. Accordingly, SHC does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity and/or expression, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or disability, or the perception of any of the above. People of all genders, members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants with criminal convictions will be considered after an individualized assessment of the conviction and the job requirements.
· Education: Bachelor's degree in a work-related field/discipline from an accredited college or university.
· Experience: Seven (7) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
· License/Certification: AirWatch-Workspace ONE/JAMF/Intune certifications (Preferred)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Advanced skills with desktop and mobile device technologies, toolsets, and methodologies
o AirWatch/Workspace ONE
§ Apple iOS and Google Android devices, Configuration profiles, Compliance Policies, Secure Email Gateways, AirWatch Cloud Connector, Application Management, BYOD
§ JSS, Apache Tomcat, Imaging, Configuration Profiles, Policies, App packaging, Mac patching, Active Directory Integration.
§ Management of iOS, macOS, Windows, MS Autopilot.
· Ability to effectively interact with all internal and external stakeholders involved in desktop systems support, as well as customers at all levels in the organization.
· Strong task and time management skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, strong technical writing/documentation skills, and strong technical expertise on all aspects of Mobile and Mac devices.
· Ability to utilize REST API to perform bulk administration tasks.
· Ability and initiative to quickly/continually learn and proactively stay on top of latest mobile device and Mac management technologies.
· Ability and initiative to make decisions on own.
· Ability and initiative to drive efforts from beginning to end with little supervision.