Under the direction of the section supervisor or senior technical support, Relief Lab Technician CHEM HEMA & COAG-SHC CLIN SEIU prepares, processes, and loads specimens onto testing platforms as required; assists in instrument maintenance; processes specimens for confirmatory testing; archives samples after analysis; labels and stains slides as required; responds to inquiries from Preanalytical Services and Technical Sections; performs a variety of clerical duties and participating in pre-clinical test development, training and ad-hoc projects as directed.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Service Standards of the Hospital(s). · Accessions patient information into Laboratory information system(s). Checks all requests for proper and accurate patient information. Consults with Supervisor or Technologist if request is problematic. Notifies physician, nursing unit, clinic, etc. if sample received is inappropriate or compromised.
· Adheres to all Safety/Health regulatory and state/federal legal requirements and policies, operating procedures, and Services Standard of the Hospitals
· Determines suitability of specimens for analysis and if necessary performs pre-analytical processing of the specimens following established guidelines
· Maintains the logs and records for all Laboratory transactions and information in accordance with department and regulatory requirements.
· Organizes, catalogs and stores patient specimen samples.
· Performs a variety of clerical functions such as word processing, entering information into the database, handling calls and inquires and other support functions as assigned.
· Receives and processes all specimens/samples following the proper laboratory procedures. Ensures patient samples are distributed to the appropriate areas of the laboratory or routed to other hospital departments as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Stanford Health Care (SHC) strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its policies and practices, including the area of employment. Accordingly, SHC does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity and/or expression, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or disability, or the perception of any of the above. People of all genders, members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants with criminal convictions will be considered after an individualized assessment of the conviction and the job requirements.
Education : High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Experience: Two (2) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
License/Certification: None required