Welcome to the revolutionary new Stanford Hospital, opening in Fall 2019. Stanford Health Care (SHC) is no ordinary health system, and our new building is no ordinary hospital. You will be working in one of health care's best equipped, most innovative facilities, with the tools to deliver superb patient care. Five beautiful gardens, walking trails, a meditation room and abundant natural light make this the ideal environment for working and healing. You'll also be joining a renowned academic medical center that's part of Stanford Medicine and the Stanford University family. By combining clinical care, research and teaching, we're working together to harness the resources of one of the world's leading universities with groundbreaking programs—to create breakthroughs in diagnosis and treatment. Take this opportunity to work at the peak of your profession.
Serves as the training expert for a large department/VP area with responsibility for designing and delivering training for a broad audience. Responsible for development of curricula in multiple training areas and for identifying/addressing training gaps. Works with department leadership, external departments and regulatory agencies to identify training needs including both job-specific training and broader needs (such as management development or effective communication skills); designs and delivers training or coordinates external training resources. May deliver/design training in a highly specialized area and serve as the lead to other trainers. May be responsible for addressing organizational development issues.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification, and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
· Designs a tailored curriculum that includes job specific skills, department policies & procedures, compliance requirements, quality assurance, customer communication skills and/or other training needs for a broad set of jobs. Takes a broad & long-term perspective to training needs and identifies gaps in training plans. Leads and/or facilitates the delivery of training or consulting sessions.
· Determines employee and organization training and professional development needs through surveys, interviews, or other sources; reviews and analyzes special requests for training courses and professional development. Ensures appropriate training opportunities to maintain compliance with certification requirements.
· Determines information and materials to be used in conducting and/or facilitating training, meetings, or seminars, including curriculum design and the development or preparation of manuals, videos, slides and other materials. Identifies course objectives.
· Establishes a methodology to measure the effectiveness of course materials and level of benefit provided (ROI, customer satisfaction, etc.)
· Provides the leadership and the technical expertise to lead design and/or development projects. May provide feedback/guidance to other trainers.
· Schedules and coordinates training classes, workshops, seminars, conferences or meetings. Conducts classroom and other types of training using adult education and training techniques.
· Identifies optimal training resources for each training area. Makes arrangements with external resources.
· May consult with senior management on organizational development issues and identify action plans.
· May serve as the department expert to design and/or deliver highly specialized department-specific training.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.
· Bachelor's degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university. Master's degree a plus.
· Eight years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
· (Licenses and/or Certifications (if applicable)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
· Knowledge of adult learning theory including knowledge of instruction, learning strategies, effective speaking, active listening, effective writing, time management, complex problem solving, change management and team building
· Ability to apply judgment and make sound decisions
· Ability to conduct classroom training and/or facilitate workshops or teams with varying objectives
· Ability to consult and conduct needs assessment evaluations with senior management to identify and define training and development need of the organization
· Ability to develop a training curriculum and all related course materials (presentations, user's guides, etc.)
· Ability to foster effective working relationships and build consensus
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
· Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, work independently and meet deadlines
· Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization
· Knowledge of principles and methods of curriculum design, adult education, training delivery and measurement of results
· Knowledge of principles of business and management planning, leadership development and education techniques
· May require subject matter expertise in a department-specific function
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
· Work is performed in a standard office setting. No special physical requirements are necessary to perform the work.
RISK OF EXPOSURE TO BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS
· Category/Description: Category III - Tasks that involve NO exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues, and Category I tasks that are not a condition of employment